If you are a C++Now attendee and you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please follow do the following:
1. Make sure everyone is physically safe. If there is a threat to anyone’s physical safety, including yourself, summon security or law enforcement. Local law enforcement can be contacted by calling 911. If you do not have a cell phone, you can use any venue phone or ask a conference staff member for assistance. If everyone is physically safe, involve law enforcement or security only at a victim’s request.
2. Inform the Safety and Inclusion team of the incident. Contact the Safety and Inclusion Team in person, by emailing email@example.com, or by using this online form,and inform them that an incident has occurred. All conference staff are familiar with the code of conduct and incident reporting procedure, and can assist you in contacting these individuals.
3. Report the details to the Safety and Inclusion team. Provide the Safety and Inclusion Team with a report describing the incident, preferably by email.
All reports are confidential.
Try to gather as much information as available, but do not interview people about the incident. The conference staff will assist you in collecting information and writing the report.
The report should include the following important information:
- The name(s) or description(s) of the individual(s) doing the harassing.
- The name(s) or description(s) of any other individual(s) involved in the incident.
- The behavior that was in violation.
- The approximate time and location of the incident.
- The circumstances surrounding the incident.
After a report has been made, the conference staff will evaluate and respond to the incident.